Pet Wellbeing - Blood Sugar Gold
Used as an adjuvant along with conventional medications to promote healthy blood sugar in diabetic animals
- Supports normal serum insulin levels
- Supports healthy cholesterol levels
- Supports healthy triglycerides
- Helps maintain eye and liver health
What is Canine Diabetes Mellitus?
Diabetes results when a dog's pancreas fails to produce enough insulin. Sugars build up in the bloodstream rather than enter the body’s tissues where they would otherwise provide energy. (This is why diabetic dogs are often lethargic.)
Excess sugar in a dog's bloodstream can lead to several other conditions, including heart, liver and kidney disease, increased infections, slow healing, cataracts, blindness, etc.
Risk factors for dog diabetes include:
- Poor diet (high carbohydrate kibble)
- Steroid treatments
- Diestrus (several cycles in one breeding season)
- Genetic predisposition